Here is a behind the scenes look at everything that goes into running the Shares and Stock Markets portfolio. I’ve included the list of books that are foundational to stock market investing knowledge as well as more advanced texts.
Pl ease aware that some of the links below are affiliate links which means I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use their service.
- Ratesetter – a UK based peer to peer lender of which I am both an investor and a borrower, much better rates than the high street for borrowers and higher rates of return than traditional savings accounts for investors.
- ADVFN – simply the best website on the net for independent stock market research because it’s packed full of features like tools, charts, public announcements, watch lists, alerts, news feeds, quotes and more.
- ProRealtime – simply the best free charts on the web with all the indicators you’d ever need. Free to use for end of day data and you can save different customisations of your chart layouts and save them as templates – no fundamental data though.
- The Intelligent Investor – Quite simply the best book written on stock market investing that there has ever been. It is written for people who have no experience of stock market investing and has a choice of strategies to get started right away. A must read.
- The New Market Wizards by Jack Schwager – A brilliant collection of interviews with the world’s best investors and traders who let you right inside their methodologies. From day traders to value investors the whole spectrum of market participants are interviewed.
- One Up On Wall Street by Peter Lynch – Lynch – a successful fund manager in his own right – clearly defines how individual investors can beat the professionals at their own game by following a simple common sense approach to finding undervalued stocks.
- An Hour With Mr Graham – A short interview with Ben Graham in 1976 in which the father of value investing explains his views on Wall Street, being a value investor and the simplicity with which individual investors can gain stock market success.
- What Has Worked In Investing – A superb collection of value investing studies stretching back years analysing the returns from various value-orientated methods. You want hard data that value investing works? Here it is.
- Graham Newman Letters To Partners – A quite brilliant historical financial record and an awesome learning resource. If you want to really know what it’s like being not just a value investor but an exceptional one, then read on.
If you are totally new to the world of shares and stock markets and want free learning resources: click here
- Genesis – The Shares and Stock Markets website runs on the Genesis framework simply because of what’s available: it is SEO friendly, stable, highly customizable, cheap, responsive and comes with free updates and a great community of webmasters.
- Hostgator – I’ve used Hostgator as my hosting provider since inception and have not wanted to change providers since. The service is excellent and the chat feature is convenient and I’ve always received a good service from the techies whenever I’ve needed something.