What is the secret to successful stock market investing?
Combined with an emphasis on the preservation of capital.
The stock market is there to serve smart and sophisticated investors who understand that price is what you pay and value is what you get.
Here are some examples of what I do to achieve these aims:
- Concentrating research on companies where they have shown a strong history of positive earnings and returns on capital but are suffering a temporary setback to their business operations
- Ensuring that the business does not have a lot of debt
- Making sure that the price you pay for stock is low in relation to the instrinsic value of the business
- Reducing risk by purchasing stocks at a discount to their intrinsic value
- Purchasing and maintaining a portfolio of stocks on a group basis – between 15-25 – to reduce risk.
The Thomas Value Report is my own independently researched weekly premium newsletter that concentrates on these sorts of opportunities for private investors and researchers – click the image below to find out more:
If the secret of to successful stock market investing is patience and preserving your capital then you need a framework – a strategy – from which you make individual stock selections.
There are several articles (some of which are listed below) on the blog that will help you get a sense of the value investing approach.
You will also find posts on the value approach being regularly published to SharesandStockMarkets.com to help you gain more confidence in value and selecting individual stocks.
Make sure you never miss any of these valuable tutorials and more by subscribing to the weekly newsletter below.
Get weekly updates to these articles by subscribing below:
Here Are Twelve Tutorials That will Help You Find Undervalued Stocks
- What Is Book Value
- Price To Book Ratio
- Goodwill And Intangibles – Part 1
- Goodwill And intangibles – Part 2
- Here’s A Quick Guide To One Of Ben Graham’s Investing Strategies
- How To Use ADVFN To Invest Like Ben Graham And Walter Schloss
- How To Value A Company; The Lazy Investors Guide
- 9 Common Questions About The Stock Market Answered
- Stock Market Investing With Walter Schloss
- How To Find Undervalued Stocks
- CASE STUDY: Why Warren Buffet Purchased Exxon Mobil And Not Chevron
- How To Research Undervalued Stocks
At SharesandStockMarkets.com I freely share with you what works for me in a transparent way so that you have the power to take greater control of your financial future.